Monday, April 6, 2015

Friday - in a name of exploring the right website platform

Friday was fun. I started to collect information about my future website platform for Prague Behind The Scenes. Key platform, actually. So I started to ask, read and get confused. Thanks, guys. But also got several useful inputs and contacts, so we will see. Right now I am summarizing all the requirements for the website in a written form to send them to chosen programmers/web designers.

Besides that - good news, spring has reached Prague! Officially on March 20, but visually as late as now. On Friday I managed to snap few pics of my neighbourhood, so you can see how it is going here. However, it is still a bit chilly outside. Between 0 - 8 °C. Check the actual forecast here.

Sunny but chilly. I actually love this place - Libeňský Castle, former Gothic stronghold. Now it stands in the middle of peculiar neighbourhood of Prague district 7 called Libeň. The present-day appearance of Libeňský Castle was achieved after a large rococo reconstruction in 1769-1770. The property is being used by the Prague 8 district for civil weddings as well as church weddings in the chapel (my parents actually got married there).
Flower power around Libeňský Castle. Beautiful, huh?

On Friday I also strolled around Hrabal´s Wall. Place dedicated to our famous writer, author of Closely Observed Trains novel. A movie based on his story was later awarded by Oscar in 1968. This wall is situated in a street Na Hrazi where he lived. He obviously loved cats:). So you can see many of his favourite ones around.

More cats - unfortunately around the wall there is a parking lot, so it may be a bit difficult to take good pics. My tip: be nice to the the parking lot lady, she will let you in:).

That´s him, that´s him!! Bohumil Hrabal - did you know his works Dancing Lessons for the Advanced in Age (1964) and Vita Nuova (1987) consist of only one single sentence?
His typewriter, monumental:)
Passage from his work

Flower power at my place, a bit of Easter and my external memory = my favourite notebook from www.papelote.cz, Czech Grand Design awarded paper shop.


More on Easter theme, next time:)



No comments: