Thursday, April 2, 2015

What is it like to be a freelancer?

From today, I am officially unemployed. Quit yesterday in an international PR agency which means some changes are just happening in my life. First of all, I do call myself a freelancer which is much cooler than saying "unemployed", haha.

Another change is, that I am going to start my own business (it refers to a freelancer, right, :).
My kind of start up project - even not yet on a paper - is surprisingly called Prague Behind The Scenes tours and my head is bursting with ideas and excitement. I just left my office work and feel sort of freedom in combination with responsibility about my future. And your holidays in Prague :-)

Today I woke up with a light hangover, 9 AM. Hello April Fool´s Day, hello freedom. New life hurts. Damn. I celebrated a little yesterday. So my very first day was more like a recovery day.
However, I still did some in depth research about my future competitors: websites, TripAdvisor, Facebook profiles...nice projects, indeed.  It helped me out to make sure my business gonna be different and fun.

I plan to make notes and write about my progress regularly (instead of office time sheets:). So you can follow my virtual steps here.


Hmm, my afternoon recovery cappuccino time at Alchymista café. Upside down art latte pic -  first days are always cruel

They have such a lovely garden there! Unfortunately the weather was just crazy today - sunny, snowing, raining, cold. not the best combo for sipping coffee outdoors.

Great contrast - Alchymista cafe garden. Place with one of the best energy in Prague.

On my way downtown I passed this amazing water tower placed in Prague district 7, Letná. It was built in 1888 and nearly destroyed by communist who sent iron parts of the system to scrap. Anyway, you are free to enter the building, on the 3rd floor there is an old fashioned, cult tea room, est. in 1997, www.cajovnavevezi.cz



Stay tuned...to be continued. Good night.

Dana





No comments: