So today we are going to learn a bit about art...oooh, come on, so boring. This is what happens to me all the time. My background is affected by art school and never-realized-teaching-tendencies. Sorry about that. But anyway...
Recently I was walking in Prague downtown (yesterday) and I realised that I need to share something with you. Every Prague visitor is searching for some off the beaten tracks and wants to learn about places that even Instagram, Lonely Planet or Google maps don´t know. I actually found a few. Few places related to ART and whores, traffic,dead horse riding, suicides, peeing, accidents and psychoanalysis. Bizarre collection huh?:)) As I say: All is possible in Prague.
 |
| Perlová street, the only place where you can find a memorial plaque dedicated to whores. I think the only one on Earth. The text says: "To fallen (into bed) women. Honour to their p...." To make it clear, back in days, not long time ago this street was veeery popular for prostitution....Author: unknown, probably former customer... |
 |
| St. Wenceslas, patron of Czech lands riding a dead horse. Author: David Černý |
 |
| This is Prague located bizarreness + provocation piece of art in one. And wait, there is a hi-tech story behind, too. Two sculptures pee into a little pool (it is actually a map of Czech Republic). While peeing their hips and waist is moving and penis goes up and down. The stream of water writes quotes on famous Prague residents. Visitor can interrupt them by sending text message to a number displayed next to the sculptures. Then they gonna pee your text...Author: David Černý |
 |
| "Goddess 390 km per hour" is a name of this statue. Placed next to the most frequented road in Prague. Between the lines it says Prague is oveloaded with traffic, fuck! Author: Jan Boháč |
 |
| Find a bike...this is so called ghost bike. A roadside memorial in place where a cyclist has been killed. This Prague one is named "Bike to heaven", located on Strossmayerovo náměstí, district 7. Author of the instalation: Krištof Kintera |
 |
| Of One´s own Volition - Memento Mori. Street lamp. This is Nuselsky bridge, most popular place for suisides. Author of the installation: Krištof Kintera |
 |
| Hi, I am Sigmund Freund and I am just hanging here in Prague downtown. All is good. Just sometimes people call for police or firemen. Watch your head. Author of the sculpture: David Černý |
No comments:
Post a Comment