Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Morbid dessert combo

As autumn is slowly approaching I just realized it is about the right time to start to refil my body fat sources again. Long winter is long winter. Functional wear is functional wear. BUT WELL BUILT FAT IS PRICELESS.

My mission inspired me to share something with you. To give you a glimpse into our typical Czech (a bit morbid sometimes) humour. Maybe you will find it funny, maybe not. This might be a test whether Czech humour is acceptable and understandable to the rest of the world. 

I went to my favourite and highly recommended sweet shop in Prague called Hájek Boušová - Ovocný Světozor. And indulged myself with "coffin" and "wreath" - I call it morbid combo. 

Coffin & Wreath = my morbid combo
These are two (probably the most favourite and typical Czech) desserts you can ever get. One of them is called "coffin" and the other one is "wreath". Serving them  together to you granny might be a bit cynical. 

When I was living in Canada I was working for company called Death by chocolate. Sweet shop as well. And our top dessert was a beautiful chocolate grave with tombstone (Death by chocolate). Sweets are obviously fatal all over the world.

Coffin´s last moments
Wreathhhhmmmmm....

Btw, the coffin and death theme was officialy used in promo campaign of the Prague National Theather...weird??:)) Haha, of course it is. But funny and eye catching as well. They presented majestic historical opera drama of famous composer Bedřich Smetana (1824 – 1884) called Two widows. And the promo visual was like this:-) 


Opera Two widows (poster)

OK, so next time you are in Prague, don´t forget to go to sweet shop and order coffin = rakvička and wreath = věneček. And share your morbidity. Eatable joke. Czech humour.


No comments: