Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hey! Wanna play?

Pianos in streets. Great new idea and attraction for locals and visitors as well. A little diversity into daily routine and classic Prague. 

Main train station
This is a bit punk project but I think Prague absolutely deserve it! Old pianos are placed in various places all over the city (mostly downtown) and anyone who like music and can play (at least a bit, please!!!) can sit and enjoy public performance. This is a non commercial project and it has no particular deadline, it can last until the instruments will fall apart, will be covered by snow or until somebody come to steal them. So please don´t steal, don´t destroy anything, don´t try to take a cool pic with pianos while you are drunk (I know it is tempting:-) 

Philosophical faculty
Yesterday (Tuesday August 13, 2013) was a street press conference and the topic has quite a good media coverage, so I hope locals and visitors will get use to play regularly. I wish! I saw it live and it is just perfect. 

Masaryk train station (the piano was just removed from there
as homeless people didn´t treat it very nicely...)

Weird homeless lady - bizarreness of a day
And who brought pianos in Prague streets? Local bohemian, Prague patron, cafe owner, Ondřej Kobza. Most of the pianos are purchased by him or gifted by various people who need no longer pianos at home. So don´t expect fine instruments:) Some of them are even completely out of tune. Why? 1/ old stuff 2/ when the instrument is placed on a railway station, piano tuner has no chance to does his work as public announcements are just never ending:))
Today Náměstí Míru - find a piano...photo by www.heledole.cz
Maybe you wanna ask WHERE you can play! I say: follow this map as the places list will grow soon!

Hear you in the streets!

  

No comments: